Saturday, November 24, 2012

Why Should I Care About Directory Guidelines?


First let me start by saying stop wasting your time submitting your website to quality directories if you don't care or understand the value a directory can have over any website.

Take a look at the I don't care list below and see if you fit in this list. (Or add to this list yourself)

I don't care list:

I don't care, what directory I submit to, some directory editor will approve my site. I don't care, about directory guidelines. I will submit any title, domain, description, keywords and choose any category I want. I don't care how, if the directory is quality or not, page rank is more important.

When you submit your website to any optimized directory of value, without reading and following their specific guidelines, you show directory owners and editors a list of I don't cares (starting with I don't care about your guidelines).

As a directory owner and editor myself, guidelines are put in place for a reason. To read and execute guidelines will increase approval ratings by 100%. I hope your goal is to increase approvals. For you this means increased quality back links, search visibility and rankings of your website.

Directories have always been a top resource for search engines to gather useful and targeted information for their web searchers.

A directory will only be useful if it's optimized with quality resource links for search engines. Keep this in mind.

For you this means, paying attention to your title, description, keyword(s), category selection and most importantly guidelines.

Let me give you a little tip, when writing your description never overuse your keywords, no selling and no .coms. Short but detailed description of your company is what directory owners are looking for.

Below I have given you an example of a short detailed description and one that is not, a proper description. Pay attention and make the right choice.

Murjah is a free directory. Submit your listing, blog or article free. Murjah is a free business web directory human edited to ensure quality listings for their visitors.

Check out these below, which one would you choose.

Not your average directory. Search the web, watch videos, while you keep updated on your daily news. Providing you with resource links of interest, submit your listing free for possible inclusion.

Put your thinking caps on and make your decision. Always follow directory guidelines, but keep in mind, most directories follow the same basic rules. I bet if you look closely you will see a pattern that will help you write your title and descriptions that guarantee an increase in directory approvals.




0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。